Following the DfE advice late yesterday afternoon regarding schools having the choice to close a day early this term (Thursday 17th), I am pleased to inform you that our school will remain open on Friday 18th as planned
. The rationale behind this decision is threefold:
Please see below information and relevant arrangements regarding positive COVID-19 cases in the Christmas holidays. This information has come directly from the Dfe:
- We feel closing school a day early at such short notice would provide a childcare issue for our families and we do not want to be the cause of any additional stress or anxiety, especially in the current climate.
- As a school we feel children have already missed a huge amount of education this year and we want to make the most of everyday children are at school, whether completing work or spending time with their friends.
- As we have had a very minimal number of COVID cases in school since returning in September, we do not deem it necessary to close the school a day early.
I hope this decision is well received as it has been made with our families best interests at heart.
Many thanks for your support and patience.
Mr Appleby and School Governors
- If a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms within 48 hours of being in school (Saturday 19th, Sunday 20th), the school is asked to assist in identifying close contacts and advising self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in school. Please inform school ASAP via our email Easingtonce@durhamlearning.net or via our Teachers2parents text service. Thank you.
- Where a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms more than 48 hours since being in school, the school should not be contacted. Parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace.